April 9, 2012

Buns without the Oven: Wall Art

I absolutely love this print for my stepdaughter's room but before I shell out $18 {which is reasonably priced} I thought hey maybe I can create my own version of this.

No. 1 Gather your supplies: picture frame, paint chips, craft paint, ModPodge or double sided tape, scissors, and a foam brush. I used an 11 x 17 inch size picture frame for this project. No. 2 Paint the picture frame backing. I used white craft paint and once it was dried I topped it off with some ModPodge for a glossy finish.
 
No. 3 Choose what color paint chips you will use starting with the first color. No. 4 Print and cut out saying in font of choice and tape face down onto paint chip. I used the Pupcat style font available at 1001 Free Fonts.
 
No. 5 Repeat Step 4 until all your letters are cut out. No. 6 Arrange your letters onto painted frame backing and ModPodge on. Once dry place art in frame, hang, and enjoy.


Since this project was fun and I shelled out zero dollars to create it, I made another one for my stepson. The wall art adds the much needed personality and color to their shared bedroom. Now I just have to avoid the paint section of Walmart since I overindulged in their free paint chip samples.

Get creative and appreciate art. Sincerely, Rozy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...