October 26, 2011

I've been framed

Do you have a couple of hours to spare? If so, then why not create a statement piece with supplies you already have in your home. I revamped a couple of frames I bought for my first apartment to give life to my plain rented beige walls in the living room. You could easily use this idea for non hanging frames, table numbers for those special events, or even to give that mirror an extra sprucing. Just remember to think out of the box, you never know what you can conjure up.

"Some people like my advice so much they frame it upon the wall instead of using it."  Gordon R. Dickson
First, gather your supplies. I used plain frames, wallpaper scraps, a flower pattern, toilet paper rolls, and double sided sticky tape. If you don't have wallpaper scraps on hand then why not substitute them with gift wrapping paper, scrapbook paper, or even fabric. Oh yes and I got my peony flower template from none other than Martha Stewart. You could take a look at all her flower templates here.




And voila, that once boring wall is now a statement piece. Have fun making your own wall art and be sure to flash me with it when it's complete. With love, Rozy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...